Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happiness is being married to your best friend!

Tues was Todds 27th Bday and Fri was our 5 year anniversary! So we spent the week in style and headed to Las Vegas! It was so fun to have some alone time with my husband! We went down Monday night and we stayed at the Luxor. Due to our non-smoking preference we got our room upgraded and it was really nice! Tues we shopped a little and layed out by the pool. Tues night we went and saw Chris Angel "Mind Freak". It was a fun show and he did some amazing tricks. Magic is the weirdest thing to me. Wednesday we layed by the pool and while I was laying out Todd went to "get us a drink" but came back empty handed and with an empty wallet. I hate gambling! I was a little ticked so we decided to just do some shopping and head home! It was just so nice to spend time with my husband and eat at nice restaurants without the kids! I have the best husband and I am so grateful to be married to him. Five years seems like forever but we still have a long way to go! I am so grateful I have such an easy-going, chill husband because he has made the last 5 years a breeze. He is so good to me. I am so thankful for his motivation and his willingness to work so hard to provide for our family. He really makes me laugh everyday, even though its after hes made me mad and then we're laughing at me being dramatic! I am so grateful to be married to such an amazing man! I am so blessed. Marriage isn't bad when you're married to your best friend. I love you babe and I am so excited to see what the future holds for us. I know it will be awesome as long as your by my side!

Dinner at the Cheesecake factory! Cute Bday dessert!



Yes Chris Angel is just as cute in real life!!




I forgot what is was like to just "lay out" without kids.....Really BORING!





Chandler was sad he did not get to be a part of dads b-day so we bought cupcakes and sang to Todd at home. Chandler was funny, I told him it was todds b-day and he said, " So we're having a party at Jumping Jacks?"



Happy Birthday Dad! Thanks for being the best dad in the world. I love how much my boys LOVE their dad! They run to the door the second they hear the garage open! Todd is such an incredible, involved father! We love you dad!

5 comments:

Ashley and Cody said...

What cute pictures of you guys!! You have such a beautiful family and I'm so jealous you had a vacation alone with Todd. Cody and I REALLY need that too. That is funny about the empty wallet. Tell Todd that's what he gets for gambling..ha ha. Your boys look adorable in their matching shirts and I love the video. We want you to know how much we love you guys. It was so fun to catch up with you the other night. Tell Chan he can call Lexi anytime!! He may not get to talk through her stories, but she loves talking to him

Anonymous said...

OK- that looks like so much fun.. Ryker and I have yet to celebrate an anniversary by ourselves. I won't tell you what we did this year. That's what's nice about having family around. I am glad you guys got to go and spend some time by yourselves. IT made me laugh when chandler said his little comment about todd's b-day. They look so cute in there matching little clothes. You and Todd look great. We can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks.

katesmith said...

I'm glad you were able to get away and do something together for your anniversary. It is so hard to ever get mad at Todd because he is not a fighter!! Todd was taught not to gamble so I guess he got what he deserved! The boys look so cute in their matching shirts.

Unknown said...

When I talked to Todd the other night you could tell that it was such a relazing trip... I guess I am jealous b/c laying out it a lot nicer without kids! I love the HOstess cupcakes... ha ha... perfect for Todd!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Todd! You are getting old! Looks like you guys had a good time! Congrats on 5 years!